My birthday was last week and because I’m cheap and I like free things, I enjoy pulling the birthday card at restaurants. Who doesn’t want a free dessert?!?! I’m signed up with all of the loyalty clubs & mobile apps at the local and chain restaurants that I frequent. They love to send you a freebie for your big day.
Here’s a sampling of what I’ve been enjoying for the last couple weeks (maybe even multiple times…)
- Baja Fresh – Coupon for a free burrito
- Rubios – Free meal (up to $7)
- Corner Bakery – Free baked good of my choice (I chose the blueberry hand pie. Sooooo good)
- McCormick & Schmick/Landry’s – $25 account credit towards food purchase (alcohol is excluded) (Side note: You pay $25 to “join” this club, but you are issued a $25 “Reward” once the card is registered. Totally worth it)
- PinkBerry – A free small yogurt with toppings
- Benihana – $30 birthday certificate (Has some time & day restrictions and an additional adult meal must be purchased. But still a great deal.)
- ZPizza – A free small pizza with purchase of equal or greater value.
- Pasta Pomodoro – One free entree
- Starbucks – ANY free drink on my birthday.
- Daphne’s Greek – Free meal (Up to $5)
These are places I go to fairly regularly. I appreciate the kind birthday wishes. Even Virgin Airlines is in on the birthday gifting. They sent me a promo code for 10% off a flight. Too bad I’m not planning any trips.