Chipotle wants you to go meatless today and they’re offering you free food for doing it. Today only, order their organic tofu Sofritas at any Chipotle in the US or Canada, then bring your receipt back on your next visit—from January 27th through February 28th, 2015—for a FREE burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos of your choice.
I actually love the Sofritas. It has a meat-like texture and great taste. But it has no creepy meat parts like surprise bones and chewy tendons (I’ve had both in my chicken at Chipotle, so now I go veg there). Enjoy!
Chipotle is celebrating Halloween tomorrow with $3 menu items (after 5pm) for anyone dressed in costume. Plus, proceeds benefit agriculture, farming, & education.
This Halloween, come into any Chipotle dressed in costume from 5pm to close, and you’ll score a burrito, bowl, salad, or an order of tacos for just $3. All proceeds up to $1,000,000 will benefit the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation.
Been procrastinating on buying your Halloween costume? Buy it today or tomorrow and save $10. Wear it to Chipotle on Halloween and eat for $3. I’m saving you tons.
Are you a Discover card member and are you headed to Hawaii? If yes to both, check out the discounts Discover is offering for your island visit. Aloha!
Saturday September 27th is the next free entrance day at our national parks. You still have enough time to make some plans. November 11 will be your last chance to get in free in 2014.
Get free admission to The California Academy Of Science this Sunday! Go bright and early because it’s bound to be crowded. When you get in, go straight for the Planetarium ticket counter and get your show tickets. Then go get in line for the rainforest. It’s a fun place for kids and adults.
I’m not a doctor, so I’m not going to lecture you on why you should get a flu shot. I have an 8 week old niece and I see her every day. So I’ll keep on getting my flu shot for her sake.
I don’t really like getting shots. But if I’m going to get one, I might as well get a cheap one or get some added financial benefit for getting stuck with a needle.
Here’s what I’ve found:
- Safeway – Safeway pharmacies offer walk-in & by-appointment vaccinations AND you get a coupon for 10% off of one grocery shopping trip. If your insurance covers your shot, then it’s sort of like you’re making money here.
- CVS – I still call this place Longs, because that’s what I grew up with. Anyway, CVS is offering a 20% off savings pass with a flu shot. Again, if your insurance is paying for your shot, you’re getting decent kick-back here.
- Walgreens (for those with insurance) – Walgreens isn’t offering a discount to those with insurance, but they are making you feel better about getting your flu shot. They have the Get a Shot. Give a Shot. program. For each flu shot given at Walgreens, one lifesaving vaccine will be given to a child in a developing country through the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign.
- Walgreens (for those without insurance or who are underinsured) – Walgreens will be providing more than 400,000 flu shots with vouchers provided by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Individuals who are eligible for vouchers can call 1-800-925-4733 to find the nearest Walgreens location offering flu shot vouchers, as availability is on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Costco – If you don’t have health insurance or your insurance won’t cover the shot, Costco offers the lowest retail price on the shot at $14.99.
I’ve already called and confirmed that my insurance covers the entire cost of my flu shot, so I’m making my Safeway shopping list.