Small Business Saturday was way too successful. American Express has done away with the $25 credits and the registration page. However, I just logged into my account and noticed there is a “Shop Small November” offer ($10 back on a $10 Small Business Saturday purchase) in the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. It’s only good at a small business (use their map) and only on Saturday, November 28th. Get out there and save!!
Macys’ Thanks for Sharing program is back!
If you have a Macy’s credit card pay $25 now to earn 10% of your purchases back, from the day you enroll until December 31, 2014. Yes, you’ll earn 10% back on your Christmas shopping. Plus, you’re still free to use all the coupons you want during the accumulation period. I receive “20% Off” and “$20 Off” coupons weekly.
Earnings are distributed via a gift card that you’ll receive sometime in February or March 2015. I earned $114.43 last year (Really $89.43 when you factor in the $25 I paid, but it’s still a savings!)
If you don’t have a Macy’s credit card you can apply for one. Beware though. The current APR is 24.5% on a Macy’s revolving credit card. If you are not able to pay the balance in full each month, it is NOT worth the savings.
Target just sent me an email for $10 off on a $40 purchase of select Up & Up products, now until 9/20/2014. If you buy online and choose Store Pickup, you get an extra 10% off. Use your Red Card and save an additional 5%. Online code: SAVE10. To use the discount in-store, click here. If you’re shopping in-store, check Cartwheel, too. Up & Up product discounts are prevalent on there.
Up & Up is Target’s “private label” aka generic brand. I always choose Up & Up products over the brand name, if it’s available, and I’ve never been disappointed.
I’m not a doctor, so I’m not going to lecture you on why you should get a flu shot. I have an 8 week old niece and I see her every day. So I’ll keep on getting my flu shot for her sake.
I don’t really like getting shots. But if I’m going to get one, I might as well get a cheap one or get some added financial benefit for getting stuck with a needle.
Here’s what I’ve found:
- Safeway – Safeway pharmacies offer walk-in & by-appointment vaccinations AND you get a coupon for 10% off of one grocery shopping trip. If your insurance covers your shot, then it’s sort of like you’re making money here.
- CVS – I still call this place Longs, because that’s what I grew up with. Anyway, CVS is offering a 20% off savings pass with a flu shot. Again, if your insurance is paying for your shot, you’re getting decent kick-back here.
- Walgreens (for those with insurance) – Walgreens isn’t offering a discount to those with insurance, but they are making you feel better about getting your flu shot. They have the Get a Shot. Give a Shot. program. For each flu shot given at Walgreens, one lifesaving vaccine will be given to a child in a developing country through the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign.
- Walgreens (for those without insurance or who are underinsured) – Walgreens will be providing more than 400,000 flu shots with vouchers provided by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Individuals who are eligible for vouchers can call 1-800-925-4733 to find the nearest Walgreens location offering flu shot vouchers, as availability is on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Costco – If you don’t have health insurance or your insurance won’t cover the shot, Costco offers the lowest retail price on the shot at $14.99.
I’ve already called and confirmed that my insurance covers the entire cost of my flu shot, so I’m making my Safeway shopping list.
Some awesome readers of my blog used my Familyhood savings code: (SARU6350) to save 20% on their first purchase! Stacking coupons (Familyhood lets you use multiple codes) and using my account credits, I paid $7.76 for a year’s worth (hopefully) of Method hand soap and dish soap refills. Thank you readers!
Familyhood is a collection of sites that sell most anything a family could need..baby products, food, home decor, beauty products, pet food, household essentials, etc. You can shop across all of their stores, in one transaction, to meet free-shipping levels. When you refer people to the site, they save 20%, and you get a $5 account credit. You can sign up for any one of their sites and refer people to any of the sites and your referral credit (and their 20% discount) works across all. Go sign up for an account and start referring people today!
Use Savings Code: SARU6350
RueLaLa (my favorite place to buy high-end goods on the cheap) is offering a $25 account credit to new members who make a purchase by 8/25/2014. Refer friends and get another $25 credit when they use their $25 credit. Mind blowing!!!