Chipotle wants you to go meatless today and they’re offering you free food for doing it. Today only, order their organic tofu Sofritas at any Chipotle in the US or Canada, then bring your receipt back on your next visit—from January 27th through February 28th, 2015—for a FREE burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos of your choice.
I actually love the Sofritas. It has a meat-like texture and great taste. But it has no creepy meat parts like surprise bones and chewy tendons (I’ve had both in my chicken at Chipotle, so now I go veg there). Enjoy!
Panda Express just started offering online ordering. To get the word out, they’re offering a free entree “item” when you place an order online, until December 31, 2014.
The NoKidHungry program is partnering with restaurants around the country this month to help feed underprivileged kids. You donate a little bit of money, making you feel good about yourself, and you get a little bit of savings. Win-win!
- If you have a Corner Bakery near you, from now until September 28th, if you go in and donate $5 to NoKidHungry, you’ll get a book of coupons that will save you over $25 in the cafe. If you donate $1, you get a free Whoopie Pie.
- Donate $1 or more at Togos, and get a free 20 oz. fountain drink.
- Macaroni Grill will give you $10 off your bill if you donate $5 or $5 off if you donate $2.
- Like seafood? Joe’s Crab Shack is offering a $20 off coupon (bill must be at least $40) for a $10 donation or $10 off (bill must be at least $20) for a $5 donation. Buy it online because the coupon isn’t good until October 1, 2014 but it doesn’t expire until December 22, 2014. If you’re going to Happy Hour, this is a very good deal.
You can search for participating restaurants in your area here.
I love Mexican food and all things pretending to be Mexican food. I also (usually) try to eat healthy. I LOVE Chipotle. I can buy a veggie bowl at lunch for $6.25 and make it into lunch AND dinner. Their portions are huge.
Chipotle has a whole “secret menu” where you can substitute items or ask for extras, at no charge. As far as I know, they only charge extra for extra meat.
- Substitute chips for rice in a burrito bowl to make loaded nachos at no extra charge
- Ask for both of the varieties of beans instead of one at no extra charge
- Ask for more than one salsa at no extra charge
- Ask for the fajita veggies with your entree at no extra charge
- Ask for the included guacamole on the side if you’re ordering a meatless entree. (Chipotle’s guacamole is #1 on my list. I’ve never had a nasty tasting bite of guac there. Ever.)
I love free things. And I hate waiting. I’m cheap AND impatient. It’s an awesome combo.
For these reasons, I’ve been a member of the free restaurant reservation website OpenTable for years. OpenTable lets me make restaurant reservations all over the world for free and I earn dining checks just for showing up! Each reservation earns 100 points (some restaurants even offer 1,000 points for slower time periods). At 2,000 points, I can redeem for a $20 dining check! I can use the dining check at any restaurant in the OpenTable system and I always make a reservation for the redemption meal (thereby earning another 100 points). I use the site when I travel, too. I’ve made reservations from Alaska, to Hawaii, to Florida.
OpenTable also lets me make reservations for other people. Everyone in my family is on my account. They call me when they want a reservation and I earn the points. When I was an assistant, I made reservations for my boss and anyone else who asked. I racked up points and dining checks like crazy. If you are an assistant, you need to get an OpenTable account. If you just like to eat and you like free stuff, you too should get an account.