If you don’t live under a rock, you’ve probably heard there was yet another corporate data security breach. This time it was at Anthem Health Insurance.
If you are an Anthem member, you can get two years of free credit monitoring. Anthem will be posting details here later today. Add that to my free year of credit monitoring at Home Depot and then another from Target and I’m going on four years of unpaid credit monitoring. Thanks a lot criminals!
On that note…go check your credit.
I’m not a doctor, so I’m not going to lecture you on why you should get a flu shot. I have an 8 week old niece and I see her every day. So I’ll keep on getting my flu shot for her sake.
I don’t really like getting shots. But if I’m going to get one, I might as well get a cheap one or get some added financial benefit for getting stuck with a needle.
Here’s what I’ve found:
- Safeway – Safeway pharmacies offer walk-in & by-appointment vaccinations AND you get a coupon for 10% off of one grocery shopping trip. If your insurance covers your shot, then it’s sort of like you’re making money here.
- CVS – I still call this place Longs, because that’s what I grew up with. Anyway, CVS is offering a 20% off savings pass with a flu shot. Again, if your insurance is paying for your shot, you’re getting decent kick-back here.
- Walgreens (for those with insurance) – Walgreens isn’t offering a discount to those with insurance, but they are making you feel better about getting your flu shot. They have the Get a Shot. Give a Shot. program. For each flu shot given at Walgreens, one lifesaving vaccine will be given to a child in a developing country through the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign.
- Walgreens (for those without insurance or who are underinsured) – Walgreens will be providing more than 400,000 flu shots with vouchers provided by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Individuals who are eligible for vouchers can call 1-800-925-4733 to find the nearest Walgreens location offering flu shot vouchers, as availability is on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Costco – If you don’t have health insurance or your insurance won’t cover the shot, Costco offers the lowest retail price on the shot at $14.99.
I’ve already called and confirmed that my insurance covers the entire cost of my flu shot, so I’m making my Safeway shopping list.