Chipotle wants you to go meatless today and they’re offering you free food for doing it. Today only, order their organic tofu Sofritas at any Chipotle in the US or Canada, then bring your receipt back on your next visit—from January 27th through February 28th, 2015—for a FREE burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos of your choice.
I actually love the Sofritas. It has a meat-like texture and great taste. But it has no creepy meat parts like surprise bones and chewy tendons (I’ve had both in my chicken at Chipotle, so now I go veg there). Enjoy!
I love Mexican food and all things pretending to be Mexican food. I also (usually) try to eat healthy. I LOVE Chipotle. I can buy a veggie bowl at lunch for $6.25 and make it into lunch AND dinner. Their portions are huge.
Chipotle has a whole “secret menu” where you can substitute items or ask for extras, at no charge. As far as I know, they only charge extra for extra meat.
- Substitute chips for rice in a burrito bowl to make loaded nachos at no extra charge
- Ask for both of the varieties of beans instead of one at no extra charge
- Ask for more than one salsa at no extra charge
- Ask for the fajita veggies with your entree at no extra charge
- Ask for the included guacamole on the side if you’re ordering a meatless entree. (Chipotle’s guacamole is #1 on my list. I’ve never had a nasty tasting bite of guac there. Ever.)